fredag 3. oktober 2014

'The Wanted' Media Seminar Series

Documentary.

I was really impressed with the calibre of the guests attendance of first of our media seminar series. Not only did they have pressure from being the first ones out, but also the lack of time must have been somewhat of a factor in terms of the guests they wanted to contact first - and then to end up with the guests they had was impressive. I loved ‘I am eleven’ when I first watched it, so to hear from her journey and experiences of the making alone was extremely exciting.  The mix of the guests was good- different age, gender, background and experiences created a great and established panel discussion.

As previously mentioned I am aware that the documentary group lacked what other groups did not; time! I did not get the sense of any theme tying everything together alongside with promotional content. The execution of the seminar was overall quite all right – I am sorry to say, I did not feel as if it was spectacular. The question and comments round which was set out to be on social media did not sit right with me either – we were not provided enough time to formulate questions and concerns, as it was not made clear until just before tea break
.
I loved that they showed a little introduction piece of what the guests had previously done, but did not feel it was enough- could the clips have been a bit longer?

For me this seminar was all about getting to be able to hear what documentary making is all about. I am not as interested in making documentary as I am in watching them, so it was awesome to be able to hear the challenges and obstacles as well as precious moments one experiences as a documentary maker. 



Global Media

I found the Global Media group ended the wanted media seminars with a bang!
Firstly, they worked in and with a theme which made the seminar ‘something little extra’ in terms of aesthetically and visually. The room decorations, prepared ‘computer crunching numbers and codes’ video on the screen, black uniforms with sunnies – everything tied in together really well!
The guests they had invited were all really great – all with different opinions, experiences and background which together created an interesting, dynamic and educational panel.
Technically everything seems to run very smoothly, nothing distracted me from enjoying what was being discussed between themselves and between the two hosts.

Food was great; a little sugar-high to kick off the morning, followed by some cheesy pizza during lunch!


Overall, I found the seminar to be educational and informative. The guests along with questions asked from the hosts gave us a clear idea of how much work one actually need to put in in order to create something different and appealing amongst every other piece of content, which is to be found online. Most important to me, if I would ever go down that road, was the information gathered on online audiences. What is needed to hook an audience in, and then getting them to want to stay. It was important to me that they focused a little bit on audience, but also online sponsors – in terms of advertising to be shown on ones online website, blog etc. It is important to know those little things before one start off one’s own online business.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar